Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Present Continuous

Not the tense. But life. I have a tendency to dig into the past and worry about the future, while forgetting about the present. Someone told me to live in the present and treat it as continuous because that is the only truth. Makes sense. But the mind has a pattern and it has got used to a certain way of thinking and doing. Consciously trying to control it from wavering into the past and future, is not working. After all, certain decisions I take now will have a bearing on the future, and this cannot be denied.

But it is the paramount truth that life (or is it destiny?) has a style of its own, showing startling and unexpected things when we are not ready. So, what’s the point of living in a bubble assuming that everything is in my control? I will never know what will happen! There is something larger than me which is fitting every day of my life as a puzzle and the final picture will be seen at the end. I just hope that picture is worth it! And, that I have it in me to face the consequences of all decisions which I take.

As usual, DVG's perspective!

ದಿವಸದಿಂ ದಿವಸಕ್ಕೆ ನಿಮಿಷದಿಂ ನಿಮಿಷಕ್ಕೆ
ಭವಿಷಿಯವ ಚಿಂತಿಸದೆ ಬದುಕ ನೂಕುತಿರು ।।
ವಿವರಗಳ ಜೋಡಿಸುವ ಯಜಮಾನ ಬೇರಿಹನು
ಸವೆಸು ನೀಂ ಜನುಮವನು ಮಂಕುತಿಮ್ಮ ।।

Day to day, moment to moment,

Live on, without worrying about the future.
There is a Master to fit in the detail;
You only need to endure. –Mankuthimma

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! These musings!! Something that every one of us do and something that every one is struggling with. To remind ourselves every moment to live in the present!!

    Well, I feel like there should be no regrets in life, no matter the choices and no matter its consequences.. We are who we are today because of those right/ wrong decisions yesterday. And we haven't yet slipped into something that we cannot pick us up ourselves from!!

    Would we have reached a different height? Would we have seen a different view from there had our decisions changed? God Knows... But I am all the more grateful to all that I have and have not today. Things could have been worse!! And I am glad its not!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I am glad that this resonates with you. I agree with you on the way to look at things - being grateful, it is an important way of life!!

      Delete